Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's my mind and I'll think emo if I want to!

My mind keeps drifting back to things I've supposedly already thought about.  It's like the whiplash that comes the morning after the car crash; I check my thoughts out and then they check right back in.  On a less emo note, I graduate from Biola University in three weeks!  Only two of those three weeks will be spent on homework and class time, considering that I thankfully do not have any finals during finals week. I'm excited, but the idea of "moving on with life" only leaves me apprehensive.  I'm doing the whole application thing, applying for organizations that I would actually like to be a part of and not merely employed.  I don't want to cringe when I tell people where I work or what exactly it is I do... I want to be PROUD of what I do!  If my occupation is what enables me to live my life and thrive, then I want that occupation to add to my life's blood, not take away from it.
I guess my current emo thought-pattern makes sense.  It's hard to focus on one of the few undergrad assignments I have left when the weight of my future weighs on my mind.  I'm supposed to be making a powerpoint for a presentation in class tomorrow...but who cares about such things when caps and gowns coat my mind?  In honor of such chaos, I'm not even going to proof-read this post.

2 comments: